Sunday, April 17, 2011

XL B + ' Hippie Easter Eggs'

Hey Ladies!

I hope you all had a great weekend =).

I sure do love my themed manicures....So i thought I'd do a 'crazy' Easter Manicure today.


For this Manicure i used:

- Gosh - Holographic.
- Konad Special Red, Orange, Yellow, Green & Blue Polishes.

I love how this turned out.

Its like someone went crazy and threw loads of paint all over my nails.
.
I got this effect by dotting the colours on the left side of the image i wanted to use on my XL B plate, then dragging them across with my scrapper.

I love Gosh Holographic, i love it so much - that Ive brought another bottle today =).


I bet your all thinking...She's gone mad ....This has nothing to do with Easter.

Well if your thinking that then your all wrong. When i was little - i used to love drawing Easter eggs with thousands of 'Zig- Zags' across each egg.

When i saw this design on the XL B plate - it made me immediately think of Easter (this immediately put a big smile on my face).

See below for an extremely bad interruption 'Of an Easter egg i used to draw when i was young'.


Before i did this manicure i tried other combinations with similar ideas.

The first idea i did was: (Below)


For this manicure i used:

- Revvvolution - Color Club .
- Konad Special Red,Yellow, Green & Blue Mixed with Konad Special White Polish.

I got the idea of mixing colours from the lovely Emily at Emily's Nail Files.

I put 2-3 Dots of Konad Special White Polish on the image i wanted to use, along with 1 dot of the colour i wanted to use (in this case Konad Special Blue Polish - it doesn't have to be a Konad colour to get the finished look, and regular polish will work ).


I then got a old paint brush and swirled the mixture together creating a Pastel Blue =).


*Warning* You have to work very quickly as the polish begins to dry on the plate...Something i learnt on my first attempt =-/ .

I wasn't entirely happy with how this turned out so tried something similar but different (See below)



For this Manicure i used

- Beauty UK - Urban Girl pastels.
- Konad Special Black Polish.

I wasn't keen at all on this manicure either and removed it pretty much straight away, It was then i came up with my 'Hippie Easter eggs'- and all was good lol.

For all those that yet haven't entered my first giveaway - you can enter by clicking Here.

To all those that would like to help me in the Monster Bundle Competition please click Here - Many thanks in advance.

P.S Message me if you have a entry up - ill help you out also =).


Thanks for reading this - I hope you all had a great weekend =).

/Hugs!